Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things are coming around!

This has been a crazy, crazy two weeks! As of last Friday was truly concerned that I might lose my job due to things completely out of my control. It turns out that in the end I was just given a written warning- awesome. I don't do trouble. I can name the now three time I have been in actual "trouble" in my life: high school: jumping out of the back of a bus, college: drinking in the dorm room and now this. In addition to all of the crappy work stuff, earlier this week I had an  ultrasound on my thyroid because my doctor felt a mass on my thyroid during my last physical. When it comes to the ultrasound- I've simply decided to put this out of my mind. Right now, the job issues are enough to deal with.

So, to cover my butt at work, I applied to a job as Director of International Recruitment at Washington and Jefferson College in Washington, PA (30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh). I wanted to make sure that I had options just in case other things went down. I really didn't expect that one day later, I'd get a call about a phone interview. On this same day, the weather was perfect and the opportunity presented itself to go see one of my favorite's in Cincinnati: Abby Mac! So, it looks like things are turning around!