Well, so far we are about 2 weeks into the new year and McKoy and I have been doing great with our resolution to make better choices about our food. I am trying to see food as fuel (which it truly is) instead of something pleasureable. Hopefully someday I'll get to the point of seeing it as both. We've done well, but I won't lie, I'd love some hot wings! We are still trying to figure out how to rework that flavor into better and healthier choices. Maybe a meat replacement and hot sauce. Seems sacreligious. Ha.
In other news, I tested for allergies for the second time in my life this past Friday. I am allergic to about 60 of the 70 things they tested me for. The process was much better than it was when I was tested at age 12. Essentially, they explained to me that most of the health issues I have had all of my life are directly related to allergies. Which I now can see. It was a great visit- I really felt like they were paying attention to me and my issues!
So, typically the outcome would be a few prescriptions (which I do have) and daily or weekly allergy shots for the next 5 or so years. Instead, this office is participating in a new program called "Rapid Desensitization." Essentially, this is a 5 hour appointment of allergy shots. Leading up to the appointment, I'll be on a serious round of allergy meds to keep me from reacting to any of the allergy shots. When I go in for my appointment, I'll be there for five hours during which I'll recieve three shots in increasing doses every 25 minutes. After this appointment, I will have achieved what may have taken 6 months to a year and I will be at the maintenance level of allergy shots. I am incredibly excited about this!
So, my appointment is this upcoming Friday. Let's hope I don't have to use the epi pen that they prescribed and that all is well!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago