Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's almost 2010....

So, Ive been a total slacker at this blog thing. One of my MANY resolutions for 2010 is to be better at blogging. The past nine months have been very hectic- and I feel that the one thing that has suffered the most is my relationships with close friends. I enjoy keeping up with Kira, Betsy and Sarah via their blogs and have been asked more than once if I intend to keep mine up. So, this year I hope that I can use my blog to keep a journal of 2010 and keep up with my close friends.

I intend for 2010 to be a new year- and one of the best that I have ever had. I hope 2010 holds a wedding, a few great road trips, graduate school, and maybe a new house (yep- not an apartment- a house).

My resolution this year is "simply" this: to live a healthier more purposeful life. McKoy and I are dabbling in organic eating and possible vegetarianism. We have already cut red meat from our diet, with a few exceptions. I plan to make better food choices at every stop. We will buy shares in organic farming in Bloomington and consider buying shares of meat from a local farm. I will attempt to buy in season produce at the grocery store, from the organic section when I can and stay away from the processed food in the middle of the store. In addition, at the new year I have six sessions scheduled with a personal trainer. I am looking forward to learning new work-outs for my current state that I can use in apartment complex gym. I will get back into working on the Couch Potato to 5K running plan.

Those are my resolutions. I know I have a lot to learn about local/seasonal foods, organic eating and where our food comes from, but I am willing to make this resolution.

What are your resolutions for 2010?