Monday, August 25, 2008

Tropical Storm Gustav

This may be a bit premature, but I swear, if Tropical Storm Gustav becomes a hurricane and heads to Jamaica, I am going to have to do something drastic. I'm certain that McKoy and I cannot go through another Hurricane Dean.

Scariest. Thing. Ever.

But you know, I'm kind of a goober. I once asked McKoy what they eat during the hurricanes (no power, outdoor kitchen... what are the options?) and he just looked at me like I was ridiculous. Which, I'll admit, I later realized I was ridiculous. Then he finally said, "we aren't hungry. We are too busy thinking about the hurricane outside and wondering if the roof will stay on."

"Oh. Ok. Duh." I don't remember for sure, but I hope that I was at least starving when I asked that.

On another note... I finally went to open a Bloomington Bank account at the IU credit union today. The second thing I said to the girl was, "I have to have an atm/debit card that works all over the world." And she looked at me like I was on crack! I mean, seriously though, I wasn't asking for a card to work in Sierra Leon- just China. But guess what, it won't work in China! I can hardly believe that. And, the icing on the cake, it is a security measure. For my own good she said. That line always cracks me up- can I not decide what is for my own good? And, if so, I want to use my atm card in China!