So, I've been a total blog slacker this week. Well, let's be honest, outside of work, I've been a total life slacker.
I've been at the new job almost 4 months and there are still a few things I am not at all settled into. I'm the kind of person who wants to come to work at 8am, work my ass off all day and go home at 5pm unless there is something that needs my immediate attention. I also work best when I take a break in the middle of the day to refocus myself (some call it lunch). Well, both of my supervisors come in around 9, never take lunch and never leave at 5p. It is definitely throwing me for a loop. Added to all that, this was just an all around rough week and I leave for India like REALLY soon!
Things seem to be moving incredibly slow with McKoy's paperwork. Granted, I've never had much faith in the federal government, but this is just ridiculous. I learned yesterday that, according to Customs and Immigrations Timelines, people who have been deported from the US will get back in sooner than McKoy can get in. And that's if everything is done exactly right for McKoy- which apparently rarely happens.
I just feel like my life is in total limbo. And, even worse than that (for me) is the complete lack of control that I have over my own situation.
So, for the numerous phone calls I forgot to return this week and for the birthday phone calls I forgot to make, my apologies.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago