This has been one of the best weekends I have had in a really, really long time.
Friday night I had a few friends over for my first venture into Jamaican cooking. I made Curried Chicken and it was almost perfect! I over cooked it just a bit and it had a slightly mushy quality- but the flavor was nearly dead on! Mix a great dinner with a few drinks, good friends and yummy dessert and it was a great night over all.
Saturday morning I had visitors from Louisville... and Arizona! Chelsea and her mom came to see me and explore Bloomington. We sat and talked for a while, I showed them pictures of McKoy and we talked through a lot of different immigration processes. Then we ventured into Bloomington and ended up at a Tibetan restaurant for lunch-- we shared four different dishes and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Unfortunately, we only had a few hours to explore town because I had to work the scholarship tailgate at the IU football game that evening. So, we explored some shops and I was able to find a few new polo shirts for my travels.
I came home and got ready for the game and while a the game I ran into Brent and his parents... so much fun! So, after the game (which I didn't go to) I ended up heading over to their condo on the lake--- good times, good food, great people! I crashed there last night to avoid driving home in the dark.
So, now it is time to prepare for the first big trip- I'm anxious and excited and a little bit of a whole lot of other things! I leave for India on Tuesday afternoon... I hope I'm ready for all this!
I may try to update this while I'm in India- it just depends on how much time I have and how reliable the internet connections are.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago