Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm Back!!!

Another great India trip under my belt. Although this trip was very different from my first trip in Fall 2008, it confirmed that I still love India. Security was much higher in all of our hotels- x-ray machines and bomb sniffing dogs, it felt more like Indonesia than India. Even with the higher security and even less free time, this trip was still great. I had a little bit of time to get out of the hotel and do some walking and shopping and sightseeing. The trip was way too short-only about 8 days and it takes a day and a half to fly each way! Since I've been back, I've slept way more than I've been awake. I slept a full 9 hours last night and about 5-6 hours during the day. Jetlag (especially on the weekends) is tough!

Anyhow, I'm glad to be home. I'm in the process of applying for a new job at Butler University. Although I think I'd love the job (student services for international students) I'm really not sure I'm qualified. Also, I know what the job market looks like right now- it's tough! Regardless, we are happy in Bloomington but looking to get back to the city- preferably Cincinnati :)

Tomorrow McKoy has a big dentist appointment and it is my last day off of work. Maybe we will go to the movies or something to celebrate getting over his appointment and my last day off!